Live and Work in the UK

Am I eligible to go on a program with The UK Pub Co?

Eligibility to live and work in the UK

In order to live and work in the UK you must be eligible or hold one one of the following:

  • Youth Mobility Visa
  • Ancestry Visa
  • British Passport

If you are not able to obtain one of these you unfortunately will not be able to apply for a working holiday in the UK. Please find information below about each of these options to confirm your eligibility. 

UK Youth Mobility Visa Eligibility

The earliest you can apply for this visa is 6 months before you travel. 

How much does it cost? 

The application fee is £298 (approx. $600AUD) 

You will also need to pay a health surcharge. This covers you on the UK’s medical system (the NHS) for the duration of your visa giving you free healthcare. 

International Health Surcharge Fee is – £1552

Who should apply for this visa? 

If you are eligible and looking to live and work in the UK for 1-2 years, while travelling, this is the visa for you. 

UK Ancestry Visa Eligibility

If you’re a Commonwealth citizen, or a citizen of Zimbabwe, and one of your grandparents was born in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, you may be eligible for an Ancestry Visa. 

How much does it cost? 

The Ancestry Visa will cost you £637.

The British High Commission requires you to have the equivalent of £2500 or more in available savings. You will need a bank statement or a letter from your bank as documentary evidence.

International Health Surcharge Fee is – £5175 

Who should apply for this visa? 

Overall, this visa is a more expensive option. However, if you’re eligible, and think you may want to stay in the UK for longer than 2 years, it’s well worth it. 

British Passport Eligibility

If you were born in the UK, or one of your parents were, you might be eligible to apply for your British citizenship which will give you a British passport. 

This will allow you to live and work in the UK for as long as you like! 

There are some rules on applying depending on your age and circumstance. 

Need help? 

Our friends at Restless World are the experts when it comes to UK Visas. Get in touch with them if you have questions. 

Need to know more? Get in touch.
The UK Pub Co. Logo
All the latest updates,
direct to your inbox