UK - Kitchen Hand
Needing some more information?
Want to come and work in the UK but need to improve your spoken English or hospitality skills? With our Kitchen Porter placement service you’ll have a paying position secured with a great team while you improve your skills. Already in the UK? Contact our team today for late availability placements!
If you haven’t worked in a customer facing role before, our Kitchen Porter jobs are the ideal way to secure employment in the UK. We’ll organise a position ready for the start date of your choice so you don’t need to worry about not being able to find work, and can learn on the job while living and working in the UK!
WHO IS THIS PROGRAM FOR?
Live-in hospitality jobs are the perfect roles for travellers heading over to the UK but if you’re a non-native English speaker, or have limited work experience, it can be a struggle to find work. Our Kitchen Porter Program is the perfect way to get started in the UK hospitality industry. Just like our front of house roles you’ll have live-in accommodation included onsite. That means no high rent fees, no bond to pay, and no commute costs to and from work so you have a stress-free start in the UK.
• Between 18-30 years of age
• Eligible to apply for and receive a UK work visa, or holding a valid EU Passport
• Some kitchen or previous work experience preferred
• Ability to speak and understand basic English
• No serious criminal or traffic offences
• A full-time, live-in kitchen porter job opportunity
• Ultra affordable live-in accommodation provided by your employer (£35pw on average)
• Assistance with all pre-departure arrangements (flights, travel insurance, etc)
• A personalized guide package with info, directions, and top tips to help you adjust to life in the UK
• Assistance with your National Insurance Number application
• Information on how to register for NHS health cover in the UK
• Ongoing support from our team
• Discounts on future job placements & relocations (conditions apply);
• Optional hostel stay add-on at discounted rates
The total cost of the program is $995. Once you decide to proceed with the program, you pay half of the program cost as a deposit ($475). We cannot process your application until this payment is received. The final balance of the program fee is due just 6 weeks before your start date, or once your job offer has been confirmed – whichever comes first.
What to expect from your job
Full Time Employment
You'll be working full time hours of approx. 38-48 per week whilst earning anything from £250-325 per week! Don't forget you'll also earn tips on top off your wages and with two guranteed days off a week, you can be sure that you'll get the most out of your time in the UK and be able to splash some cash on trips away.
Guaranteed Living Arrangements
We offer the cheapest rent in the UK at around £5 per day! Accommodation includes laundry, kitchen, fully furnished rooms, wifi etc; we don't charge any move-in bonds or deposits, plus you won't have any travel costs as you'll be living on site (does it get any better?!) Couples will have a double room, whilst singles will either have their own room or be paired with someone else (depending on location)
As a staff member you'll be well looked after with meal/food discounts (usually at least 50% off the menu price, sometimes free meals!), the chance to stay as long as you like following your 4-6 month minimum period, tax & National Insurance deductions of £40-50GBP per week, plus the chance to make new friends from around the globe as you all settle into life in the UK.
Frequently Asked Questions
Build your hospitality experience!
Click the button below to get started