TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. TOL PUB CO Pty Ltd (TOLPC) act as a hospitality hiring consultancy for hotels and pubs in the United Kingdom, and assist in placement of employment in UK pubs.
2. TOLPC is not my employer, but will work to facilitate my being hired as a full-time member of staff by a UK hospitality employer, including but not limited to pubs, hotels, inns, catering companies etc. I understand all jobs and their terms and conditions are offered by the Pub Managers and not by TOLPC.
3. TOLPC, its employees and independent agents, its subsidiaries, partners and affiliates, and their officers, directors, employees and agents, cannot be held responsible or liable for any costs or expenses other than those provided for herein, or for any damages, harm, loss, or injuries associated with my travel, employment, or stay in the UK.
4. If I am accepted on board and choose to proceed, I shall be liable to pay TOLPC or my travel agent a fee of $895AUD for Australians, $950NZD for New Zealanders, $895CAD for Canadians, £395 for European residents, for consultancy in arranging my file and liaising with pubs with the aim to secure a job & accommodation on my behalf. Any add on services (TD Pack, Visa Assistance, Hostel Bookings) must also be paid in full upon sign up.
5. I understand that I will be expected to pay my program fee in two parts. A 50% deposit must be paid at the time of sign up in order to secure my place on the TOLPC program. The remaining balance is due 6 weeks prior to my ‘start work’ date in the UK. Failure to pay these fees in full prior to my arrival in the UK may affect my placement, and my job will not be considered confirmed until TOLPC is paid in full.
6. I understand that if I am approved for program sign-up, all deposits paid to TOLPC are fully non-refundable. Should I apply via the ‘Book Now & Save’ application option, the $150 deposit is only refundable if TOLPC staff deem my application not suitable for my travel program of choice. Any refunds offered are at the sole discretion of TOLPC management and staff.
6. I understand that I am expected to fill out the requested forms and provide the necessary information as requested by TOLPC in a timely manner. TOLPC cannot be held responsible for any problems or delays arising from my failure to provide requested information in a timely manner.
7. I agree to provide TOLPC with all relevant information on any health concerns, criminal records, or pre-determined commitments that may affect my ability to work in the UK. If I withhold such information at the time of application, acceptance, or sign up, I understand that TOLPC cannot be held responsible if such details should adversely affect TOLPC’s ability to secure and confirm my employment in the UK.
8. I understand that it is my sole responsibility to successfully secure a UK working permit/visa. A visa assistance service can be purchased through TOLPC, but I understand that all decisions on matters of immigration are made by the UK Border Agency directly. TOLPC cannot be held responsible if I am not approved for a UK working permit/visa.
9. I understand that it is my responsibility to arrange adequate travel insurance cover. In the case of an emergency withdrawal or cancellation no refund will be available from TOLPC or from my travel agent for this program. We recommend that Travel Insurance be purchased directly through TOLPC.
10. I hereby agree to complete the minimum 4-6 month placement (or longer) on any job received via TOLPC.
11. TOLPC will work with me to determine an appropriate ‘start work’ date for my file. This will be the date I am expected to arrive on the job in the UK. This date can be adjusted if needed – but any adjustments to my ‘start work’ date must be explicitly approved by TOLPC, and the new selected date must be at least 6 weeks away.
12. If, in the event I choose to or must withdraw after acceptance to the TOLPC job placement program, the cancellation terms are as follows: All deposits are non-refundable. Prior to a job opportunity being offered, a 50% refund on the total fee may be requested. After a job opportunity has been offered, there is no entitlement to a refund. For any last-minute applications made from overseas, refunds are offered at the sole discretion of TOLPC.
13. TOLPC will make all reasonable efforts to secure and confirm my job placement in advance of my arrival in the UK. I understand that TOLPC reserves to the right continue working on my placement for 10 days past the agreed upon ‘start work’ date. If no job is offered to me within 10 days past the agreed ‘start work’ date, I am entitled at this stage to ask for and receive a full refund of my fee. A refund will not be applicable if I request that TOLPC continue searching for a placement on my behalf. Any last minute applications must be aware that TOLPC require a minimum of 30 days notice to secure employment although we can usually source this much quicker than this.
14. No guarantee has been made to me that a position of employment can be obtained through TOLPC. I am fully aware that the UK employers make the selection of staff from TOLPC. TOLPC shall make every endeavour to assist with my job placement in the UK, however no liability shall accrue to TOLPC, its employees and independent agents, its subsidiaries, partners and affiliates, and their officers, directors, employees and agents, in the event that an offer of employment is not made, or if made, is not suitable to myself.
15. I understand that it is my responsibility to meet the standards required by my employer and that if, as a result of failing to meet a reasonable level of service standards, my job offer is revoked or my position is terminated, TOLPC will not be liable to find me a new position.
16. I understand that locations of placements are subject to availability and although a preference of location can be noted, it cannot be guaranteed.
17. If I am offered a position and I choose not to accept it, or find that the offer is not suitable to myself, TOLPC will continue the search, but no refunds are liable. In the event that I decline any job offer, I am aware that the original agreed start date might be delayed until a new offer is secured. Securing another position cannot be guaranteed once a previous offer has been declined.
18. I understand that once TOLPC has secured an offer of employment for me, this offer will be sent to me via email. I will be expected to respond promptly with my decision. If I do not respond within 48 hours, I understand that I may lose the job opportunity. In the event that TOLPC cannot reach me, after 48 hours time, TOLPC reserves the right to put my file on hold.
19. I understand that if I should choose to arrive in the UK prior to my agreed upon ‘start work’ date and find that I am able to confirm employment on my own, either intentionally or by happenstance (ex: I am offered a job without seeking or applying for one), or if my work and travel plans should change for any reason, no refund from TOLPC shall be liable, however, I will be given the option to put my job placement on hold until a later date.
20. Upon placement, all relevant details of pay, accommodation, meals etc. will be sent to me via TOLPC; this information will be by the Employer (UK pub) via the Agent (TOLPC), as such, TOLPC cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions.
21. Any reference to rates of pay, meal entitlements, and other conditions of employment are meant only as a guide and any offer of employment will be made on terms specified by the employer.
22. TOLPC has an office in London for assistance with any discrepancies on employment pay rates, hours, and meal entitlements as detailed in my job offer. TOLPC cannot be held responsible for subjectual issues, such as untidy accommodation, distance of location, friendliness or otherwise of manager etc. Pubs maintain safety, hygiene and occupational working standards to UK law, not to a personal standard of expectation. Terminal pay disputes can only be sorted directly between Employer (the pub) and the Employee (yourself). The Breweries will not permit a third party (TOLPC) to intervene.
23. If any issues occur after arrival at my placement, I understand that I am expected to contact the TOLPC UK office (+44 151 644 1932 / firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance before leaving any position I may hold. Due to The Privacy Act, no third parties can be involved, as this agreement has between made between TOLPC and myself.
24. If I resign from my position and leave without TOLPC’s agreement, TOLPC will only be obligated to assist by supplying details of agencies and employment web-sites, and only if requested.
25. If required, TOLPC can assist with sorting a new job for an administration cost of £150.00 as long as I have stayed at my initial job for the minimum required period requested by my Manager.
26. Any provision of any law or statute in Australia or its territories, the United Kingdom, European Union, Canada or New Zealand, imposing liability on TOLPC, company staff, or contracted independent travel and sales consultants or agents, shall, if permissible at law, be expressly negated.
27. TOLPC and its employees and independent agents, its subsidiaries, partners and affiliates, and their officers, directors, employees and agents accept no liability or responsibility either for the participant’s health & safety; or for any loss or damage to property; or any third party’s property or persons, howsoever or when caused. It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure that he/she is fit to travel and to undertake any duties that he/she intends carrying out.
28. I hereby confirm having read & understood the provisions herein, and confirm that have received a copy of this acknowledgment.
1. All UKPC program bookings require a 50% program deposit payment in order to finalize booking and confirm applicant’s spot on the relevant program.
2. When an applicant selects the ‘Book Now & Save’ option, a deposit payment of $150AUD / $150CAD / $150NZD / £75GBP will be required in order to complete the booking submission.
3. Following submission of booking & payment, applicant will be contacted by UKPC for screening interview. If screening interview is successful and applicant is approved, the remaining payment of $300AUD / $300CAD / $300NZD / £125GBP will be due in order to finalize the booking. If screening interview in not successful, applicant’s $150 booking deposit will be refunded via original method of payment.
4. All remaining balances and payments are due to UKPC no later than 6 weeks prior to applicant’s departure date.
5. Applicant’s $150 booking deposit is only refundable if UKPC staff deem applicant not suitable for the program applied for. Deposit is not refundable for any other reason. UKPC staff and management retain full and complete discretion during screening interview. All decisions made by UKPC staff are final, and all refunds offered are at the sole discretion of UKPC staff and management.
6. If applicant changes their mind/plans following the submission of booking and $150 booking deposit, no refund will be liable.
7. A successful applicant who chooses the ‘Book Now & Save’ option will receive a $50 discount off of their final program balance payment, due 6 weeks prior to departure.
8. Flexible Payment Options: By choosing the ‘Book Now & Save’ option, applicant will be offered flexible payment options as follows:
Flexible Payment Option 1) Following a successful screening interview and acceptance onto program of choice, applicant may pay the remaining program balance in full — Booking Deposit = $150 / Balance Payment = $695 (including $50 discount). Total paid = $845.
Flexible Payment Option 2) Following a successful screening interview and acceptance onto program of choice, applicant may pay the remaining minimum program deposit of $250 in order to confirm their spot on the relevant program. The final balance payment of $445 (including $50 discount) — Booking Deposit = $150 / Program Confirmation Payment = $250 / Balance Payment = $445. Total paid = $845.
8. Following screening interview, all successful applicants will have 10 days to confirm their acceptance onto the program of choice and make remaining payments according to outlined flexible payment options above.
9. Flexible payment options are only offered to applicants who choose they ‘Book Now & Save’ application option.
10. All booking and deposit payments are final and non-refundable, unless applicant is deemed not suitable for their chosen program, as outlined above.
1. All booking and deposit payments made to UKPC are final and non-refundable.
2. Any refunds offered are offered at the sole discretion of UKPC staff and management.
3. Refund of the $150 ‘Book Now & Save’ deposit is only offered if UKPC staff deem applicant not suitable for their selected program. Determination of program eligibility/suitability is the sole discretion of UKPC staff and management. Refunds are not offered if applicant changes plans or chooses not to proceed.
4. In the event that an applicant has paid the program fee in full($895AUD / $895CAD / $950NZD), a 50% refund may be requested, dependant upon the following conditions: NO UK job opportunity has been offered = 50% refund; UK job opportunity has been offered = No Refund.
5. If your job offer has not been received pre-departure, UKPC reserves the right to continue working on your placement for 10 days after your original date of placement (‘start work date’). If no position is offered within 10 days, applicant may ask for and receive a full refund of the relevant program fee. No refunds will be liable on travel add-on services, including but not limited to: Touchdown Pack, Visa Assistance, Flights, Tours, Hostel Bookings, Travel Insurance, etc.
6. If the job you are offered is deemed not suitable by yourself, you have the right to decline the offer of employment, and UKPC will continue work to secure a new job opportunity/offer, but no refunds shall be liable.
7. If after arrival in the UK, an applicant finds that the job is not suitable, UKPC will be available to assist in finding a new placement, but no refunds shall be liable.
8. If an applicant is fired or released from their job in the UK, they are advised to contact UKPC staff in the UK immediately. If UKPC is not contacted promptly, further assistance may not be possible. In the event of an applicant being fired or released by their employer, no refunds will be liable.