UK KITCHEN PORTER PROGRAM
WHO IS THIS PROGRAM FOR?
Live-in hospitality jobs are the perfect roles for travellers heading over to the UK but if you’re a non-native English speaker, or have limited work experience, it can be a struggle to find work. Our Kitchen Porter Program is the perfect way to get started in the UK hospitality industry. Just like our front of house roles you’ll have live-in accommodation included onsite. That means no high rent fees, no bond to pay, and no commute costs to and from work so you have a stress-free start in the UK.
Want to come and work in the UK but need to improve your spoken English? With our Kitchen Porter placement service you’ll have a paying position secured with a great team while you improve your language skills. Already in the UK? Contact our team today for late availability placements!
NO EXPERIENCE? NO WORRIES!
If you haven’t worked in a customer facing role before, our Kitchen Porter jobs are the ideal way to secure employment in the UK. We’ll organise a position ready for the start date of your choice so you don’t need to worry about not being able to find work, and can learn on the job while living and working in the UK!
• A full-time, live-in kitchen porter job opportunity;
• Ultra affordable live-in accommodation provided by your employer (£35pw on average);
• Assistance with all pre-departure arrangements (flights, travel insurance, etc);
• A personalized guide package with info, directions, and top tips to help you adjust to life in the UK;
• Assistance with your National Insurance Number application;
• Information on how to register for NHS health cover in the UK;
• Ongoing support from our UK Office;
• Discounts on future job placements & relocations (conditions apply);
• Optional TD Pack add-on for only $99 (includes UK bank account, SIM card, money transfers, + more);
• Optional hostel stay add-on at discounted rates!
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM YOUR JOB
• Full time hours (average 38-48 per week);
• Work available 365 days a year – no blackout periods;
• Gross earnings between £250-325GBP per week;
• Earn excellent tips on top of your wages – £25-75GBP per week;
• Two days off each week;
• Cheapest rent in the UK – around £5GBP per day!;
• Bills and basic amenities included (laundry, kitchen, fully furnished rooms, wifi);
• No travel costs (the joys of living on-site!);
• No expensive move-in bonds or deposits to pay;
• Tax & National Insurance deductions = £40-50GBP per week (average);
• Single or twin-shared rooms (depending on availability).
• Couples will have a double room to share. Singles typical are paired with a roommate;
• Meal/food discounts (usually at least 50% off the menu price, sometimes free meals!);
• Stay as long as you want at the job (a 4-6 month minimum stay is requested);
• Opportunities to stay longer, get promoted, and earn more money;
• Make new friends working with other young and friendly travellers from around the globe!
• Opportunity to improve your English skills while working with other native English speakers!
• Between 18-30 years of age;
• Eligible to apply for and receive a UK work visa, or holding a valid EU Passport;
• Some kitchen or previous work experience preferred;
• Ability to speak and understand basic English;
• No serious criminal or traffic offences.